Building a Culture of Peace and the Evolution of Consciousness1
Wednesday, 2 June 2004; 3:00 P.M.- 6:00 P.M.
Conference Room 5, United Nations Headquarters in New York City
"Culture is the common heritage of all humanity. Despite differences in customs, creeds and languages, every act of culture is the possession of all mankind. The unification of the world through culture is the first step toward the transformation of all life."
Supermundane, Vol. II (373), Agni Yoga Society
- Visualization and Meditative Reflection
- The Evolution of Human Consciousness and the Role of Culture—Some Keynote Thoughts and Information on The Roerich Pact and Banner of Peace-Forerunners of the UNESCO World Heritage Program
Ida Urso, Ph.D., President, Aquarian Age Community
Iris Spellings, Artist & NGO Representative, Operation Peace Through Unity
- How Can the UN and Civil Society Promote a Culture of Peace?
H.E. Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury, Under-Secretary-General and High Representative
for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island
Developing States (OHRLLS)
- The Planetary Cultural Trust as Depicted in Interactive Spherical Panoramic Digital Photographs of UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Tito Dupret, Photojournalist and Multimedia Director
- Audience Participation
- What is the UN already doing to foster and facilitate a Culture of Peace in the world?
- What is my vision of a Culture of Peace—for myself? For my home and community? Within the United Nations and within the World?
- In what ways can I contribute to a Culture of Peace—in my personal and professional life?
- Next Steps and Silent Reflection
1 Held in cooperation with the International Decade for a Culture of Peace and Nonviolence for the Children of the World (2001-2010), this event, sponsored by the Aquarian Age Community, a non-profit, accredited nongovernmental organization (NGO) in association with the UN Department of Public Information, would not be possible without the kind support of the UN High Representative, H.E. Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury. We also appreciate the kind support of the NGO, Operation Peace Through Unity and the newly formed New York-based CONGO Committee on Spirituality, Values and Global Concerns.
Seminar Index |
Agenda | UN Discussion | Meditation Schedule |Contact AQUAAC | Guestbook